Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Blog Hoarder
I just realized something.
I don't blog much anymore.
...And it's not because I don't have anything worth writing about; I do. And it's not that I don't have time to spend on the computer because I'm too busy taking care of Jack. My problem is this: I read too many other blogs.
My Google Reader has a whopping 185 blog posts currently waiting to be read -- and yes, I already read and cleared my reader earlier today. Yikes. I think it started with my favorite couponing blogs (which are boring, but frugally-important) and branched out to crafting blogs, cooking blogs, friends and family blogs, and other blogs that are just plain fun to read. I read a LOT of blogs.
But... if my purpose in being in the blogging world is to participate, to show off to faraway friends and family what we've been up to, to showcase the writing talent (what I have left of it, anyway) I have developed... Should I ditch a blog or two? ...But how do I choose who to ditch?
I guess it will be a little like the few times I've edited my Facebook friends. You know... when you go through your friends list and delete that one guy you met at a party five years ago, that girl you met in your singles ward that one time but was never really friends with, and all those other people you somehow felt obligated to add as friends... but you were never really friends, anyway. Right? But I digress.
I think my blogosphere-roaming habits need to change. I'm like a hoarder of blogs... and I keep adding more. But hey, in my defense, I like to read! And look at pretty things! And pick up new, tasty recipes!
*Sigh*
...Or maybe I should just blog first, then read after.
It's not hurting anyone for them to be on my list, even if I don't read them right away. (Said like a true hoarder.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment