Tuesday, November 9, 2010

a thousand words

Inspired by my girlfriends Carrie, Brandilyn and Liz, I've decided to hop on the bandwagon and start the 30-Day Photo Challenge. I'm excited to drag up some old photos, and maybe we'll all learn a thing or two about me in the process. (You know, narcissism is totally allowed on blogs. It's in the rules.)

I hope you enjoy.

DAY ONE: Your Facebook profile photo

(Facebook caption: "We have jerseys 'cause we're a team.")

I love this picture. It's one of our engagement photos circa 2008, taken by my cousin Jessica. We're wearing Adam's high school football jerseys. It reminds me of a story I heard once about why one woman chose to take her husband's name: "We're on the same team, so we wear the same jersey." I love it.

It also reminds me of how much I love Adam. My husband is a great guy--the kind where, after meeting him minutes before, you trust him with your life. That kind of great. He's also multi-talented, charming, intelligent and kind. He's a great dad to our Jack and my very best friend.

...I'll spare you the rest of the mushy details. I just love this picture.

And so, it really goes without saying: Today and every day, I am grateful for my husband. He's a hunk.

3 comments:

  1. this is the sweetest post/photo, and so true about adam--there's just nothing bad to say about him! but he married YOU cause you're two of a kind :) i just think you guys are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I obviously don't feel as passionate about your husband as you do (thank goodness), but I really love you guys. And I really liked when you said he's the kind of guy that you would trust with your life after just a few minutes. That's the best description I've heard of Adam to date.

    Also- hoorah for bandwagons! And speaking of: you need to make a blog button so I can put it on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls. That Adam is a great guy, eh?

    Also... I DO need to make a button! I'll work on that. :)

    ReplyDelete