Tuesday, November 16, 2010

the universal language


Today is Day 8 of the 30-day Photo Challenge, and I'm switching it up a bit. My little collage is made up of my favorite musicians that are also friends of mine.

1. Eric Forsyth - Eric and I met back in our BYU-Idaho days, I believe through Guitars Unplugged. He is a natural musician, and quite talented on the guitar. You can find his music at ericforsythmusic.com
2. Jon Peter Lewis - Jon is my most famous musician friend, who was a finalist on season 3 of American Idol. My favorite song of Jon's is "No Fire" and you can find all things JPL at jonpeterlewis.com
3. Sally Osbourne Harris - Sally, her husband Shane (pictured also), and Sally's brother Brian were the band LoveYouLongTime, which originated in Rexburg. They took the country by storm, partied hard, and called it quits in 2009. Their music, however, will always remind me of my college years. Sally and Shane were also recently on the TV show Wipeout... and how cute is she? You can still read about LoveYouLongTime at http://www.myspace.com/loveyoulongtime
4. This is ME - Ok, so I'm technically NOT one of my own favorite musicians. But since I've been dragging up old pictures of myself for this project, I thought I'd throw an oldie-but-goody in there. This is a picture of me performing in the Best of Guitars Unplugged in 2006. It was probably the biggest audience I've ever performed for, and a favorite college memory.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome shot of you! And I agree, JPL is pretty awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just in case you didn't know, Eric is my (sierra's) second cousin :)
    Just fyi.
    And, i totally agree with you about the sick kid thing. Porter comes home sick almost after every sunday.

    ReplyDelete