Also, add some chopped grilled chicken and this salad becomes a meal!
POM WONTON SALAD
Salad Ingredients:
3 heads romaine lettuce, rinsed
1 cup pomegranate arils
3/4 cup candied walnuts
1 pkg. feta cheese
2 handfuls dried cherries (optional)
1 large avocado, diced (optional)
wonton wrappers, cut into strips and fried
Dressing:
1/2 cup mayonnaise (try the low-cal olive oil kind or vegenaise)
1/2 cup sugar (or 2 Tbs. agave nectar + 2-3 packets raw stevia)
1/4 tsp celery salt
pinch celery seeds
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
DIRECTIONS:
Chop lettuce and place in large serving bowl. Top with pomegranates arils, walnuts, feta cheese and cherries. Toss. Place dressing ingredients in a jar (or other container with lid) and shake until well-combined. Serve wonton strips, avocado and dressing on the side, as leftovers will not keep well if they are mixed in.
**Keep in mind that I have a LARGE family of in-laws, and this makes a huge salad. Adjust accordingly if you're cooking for a smaller group.
POST-EDIT: I have added lower-cal and lower-sugar substitute ideas in the dressing recipe. I have tried them, and the dressing tastes just as good!
Darcy- Can I tell you how much I adored your bucket list! I found it inspiring and awesome.
ReplyDeleteTHIS LOOKS INCREDIBLE! Now I have to go grocary shopping again...
ReplyDeleteKristi - Thank you. You have always inspired me, and I'm glad I was able to give a little inspiration back :)
ReplyDeleteCarrie - You will LOVE this salad. It is so yummy. I'm going to try and health-ify the dressing (less fat and sugar, all-natural, etc.) and I think it will taste just as good. I'll post the recipe when I do!
I'm making this for a company lunch this Friday. Thanks for the idea!
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome, Holls. I had it again for dinner last night. I can't get enough of this one.
ReplyDeleteIt was a hit. :)
ReplyDelete