Thursday, April 21, 2011

'cuz it's funny*

*yes, Carrie, that was an ode to you.

My BFF Brandilyn shared THIS hilarious blog post via-Facebook, and I had to pass it along to you, fair readers (if any of you still read. The jury's out on that one.) It's about a yearly newspaper clip from Rexburg, Idaho's local paper, recapping the year's newborns--and their terrible, terrible names. It's one of those "funny-'cause-it's-true" things that is especially funny if you've ever lived in the Rexburg bubble. Ah... the culture!

(*Disclaimer: I am guilty of kind of liking a couple of the names mentioned, but I won't admit to which. A girl's gotta have her mystery! Also, I am aware that Jack was a Rexburg newborn, but we're not guilty of the "creative" naming. Phew!)

Also, while we're on the subject of Mormon culture, if you've never read Seriously, So Blessed!, you should. It will rock your LDS-satire-socks off. TAMN is like, SO über funny. 


"No, Mom! Don't name me Treygon!" (Jack 11/09)

No comments:

Post a Comment