Saturday, July 23, 2011

cumming(s) and goings

A few items...

GIORGIOS: Last night, Adam and I went on a date to celebrate his birthday. We went to Giorgio's, which, if you're familiar with The Bachelorette this season, is Constantine's family's Italian/Greek restaurant. It's located in Cumming, GA, which is where Adam's high school is. Imagine my star-struck-ed-ness when I saw Constantine's lovely mother, greeting guests and bussing tables. I thought she was sweet on the show, and she was just as sweet and graceful in person. (Yes, I will post pictures of me and all my dorky-ness in front of the restaurant.)

BIG RIVER: Next, we went to the Cumming Playhouse to see Big River, a musical about the story of Huckleberry Finn. It was beautifully done, and one of the women in the cast sang so beautifully, I swore I could listen to her sing all day. We were also able to meet one of Adam's students in the cast.

HOUSES: Yesterday, we also did a little house hunting--the "window shopping" version. We took the short list of homes I'd found online and did some drive-by looking (and some peeking in windows, too). I was disappointed that most of the houses (four out of the five, in fact) were terrible. One, in fact, was so bad, I can't see why they're asking more than $30,000 for it. Seriously. So... it's back to the drawing board in the house department. I'm excited to see where we end up.

I had better close before Jack-Jack wakes up. We're going out adventuring today.

1 comment:

  1. So interesting how people value their things. We've done the drive by thing too with such hope and found as much or less than you did. Don't you wish sales descriptions were more honest?! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete