Friday, September 27, 2013

Molasses Sugar Cookies

Last weekend, I hosted a Paparazzi Jewelry party at my house. Being the crazy person I am, I felt the need to bust out the Halloween decorations and make treats... all last-minute, of course. (Is there any other minute but the last one?) Anyway, I had a lot of compliments on my Molasses Sugar Cookies, and was asked for the recipe.

Molasses Sugar Cookies? Yeah. They're basically a ginger snap, but they turn out soft and chewy in the middle. So yummy. And pair 'em with a glass of milk? Forgetaboutit.

MOLASSES SUGAR COOKIES
From Mindy Eastman in the Riverton 6th Ward Neighborhood Cookbook

3/4 cup shortening (coconut oil works, too)
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

In a saucepan, melt shortening. Let cool, then add sugar, molasses, and egg. Beat well. Sift flour, baking soda, spices and salt together. Add to pan mixture, and stir well. Form into 1-inch balls, roll in sugar and place on a cookie sheet (line with parchment). Bake 8 minutes at 375 degrees F. (Check at 7 minutes--I like to take mine out early!)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment