Note: Ok, ok... I know you only show up here every now and then to look at cute pictures of Jack. I, however have a hankering to write something, and found this little number on a blog I read today. I promise if you'll keep coming, we'll have something more Jack-related on the menu during your next visit :) Feel free to copy and paste into your own blog if you're feeling frisky.
DARCY PINGEL: A few factoids.
1 • Favorite computer program: I use Firefox most frequently, but was deeply in love with Photoshop during my college years.
2 • Car you loved the most: I loved my gold-ish Camry that is now my little brother Skyler's car. Come to think of it, I still love that car... reliable, stylish, comfortable, and the cd player works well. I named her "Champ" (short for "champagne" -- a shout out to her light gold-ish color)
3 • Snack of choice while watching a movie: Sour Patch Kids
4 • Best thing you ever wrote: I have written a lot of things I'm proud of, but two things come to mind: First, my song "Fool", because it was so cathartic and was well-received, and second, a blog post about a man who helped us fix our car last summer.
5 • Your decorating style: A mix of crafty things, things founds at thrift stores, and stuff my mom gives me. That just about describes it. I can't wait to have a house. Someday...
6 • Last book you read: The Girls by Lori Lansens. Currently working on Pride and Prejudice.
7 • Last thing you regret eating: A s'more. Though it was so yummy, I can't hardly justify regretting it.
8 • Exercise of choice: Dance. I miss the hip hop class that they've discontinued at my gym. *sniff, sniff*
9 • Code you live by: "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"
10 • Most attractive feature: My eyes.
11 • Favorite cooking tool: My rice cooker that will steam veggies. (I love steamed broccoli. Weird.)
12 • Essential beauty item: Mascara. I do love a good mascara.
13 • I make a killer: Loaf of banana bread, thanks to Great Grandma Stevens' recipe.
14 • Don’t ask me to: do the dishes, search for jobs or apartments, divulge my weight, clean an oven.
15 • Get out of my way when: I get "hangry" (hungry plus angry = hangry) or over-tired. Watch out.
16 • Someday I will: not be at war with my body, live in one place for more than a year at a time, be in a musical again, have more babies.
17 • …was the best time of my life and I didn’t even know it: Now. It's awesome, and I don't even realize it. "Do any human beings realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" (Our Town)
Darcy, I love you. And I love that you "now" for the best time of your life. You are inspiring.
ReplyDelete