Saturday, May 7, 2011

oh it feels just like a shakedown*

*from my favorite song of 2011, "Violin" by Amos Lee. Perfect for a melancholy day.

via

I am emotional today.

Don't worry, I don't have ugly mascara streaks down my face, and I have managed not to eat an entire cheesecake all by myself. Though, if I had a cheesecake, I just might...

Joking. Sort of.

What I'm definitely not joking about is how insane my day has been. And it's a Saturday, for heaven's sake! After driving to Spokane and back to negotiate another (failed -- UGH!) car deal, racing back to Coeur d'Alene to get Adam to work, doing Prom hair for a girl in Hauser Lake, zipping back in to Coeur d'Alene to a bridal shower, and going to our niece's birthday party in Post Falls... I am spent.

This isn't to say that my day didn't have some amazing highs. The prom hair turned out great, the bridal shower was a blast, and watching the kids play with bubbles at the birthday party was the most hilarious thing I've watched in a long, long time. I'm just at my wit's end with what has been the bane of my existence lately, which is... car shopping.

We've been lied to, creeped out, had endless bait-and-switch encounters with salesmen... and that's not the half of it. We need a car for our move to Atlanta in 7 weeks (oh, yeah... did I mention that yet?) that isn't going to break down in the middle of who-knows-where Kansas. Being stranded is definitely not part of my cross-country moving plan. We have also been in the process of signing papers on two cars, when the deal suddenly goes sour because we're suddenly not getting the price/certification/warranty/APR/quality that we originally agreed to. It's exhausting.

Also, in seven weeks, we're moving 2,350 miles away. SEVEN WEEKS. And as much as I am excited and feel ridiculously blessed for the opportunity we've been given in GA, I am also feeling overwhelmed about the moving process itself.

Especially the part where we need to buy a car. Yeah, that part.

What I'm so grateful for tonight is...
- A fantastic husband who works so very hard
- A happy, healthy little boy who amazes me daily
- My friend Kelly, who writes nice things to/about me
- Seeing lots of my high school girlfriends at Heidi's bridal shower
- Our big, BIG news from Tuesday. GEORGIA!
- My mom-in-law, who saved my life today by watching Jack
- Brazilian Lemonade (recipe to come)
- You, reader. Yes, you... thanks for reading.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dar, good luck! You sure have a lot going on, but I know you will pull it off and make it look easy like you always do. :) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete